Gold Coast City Daily Photo

Gold Coast City is the last city before the State of New South Wales. The Gold Coast has spectacular beaches and is a major tourist destination.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Queensland, Australia

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Moving the beach


This is how the Gold Coast tries to manage beach erosion. With walls set up along the beach, the sand that comes from here is deposited where it is needed.

They put the writing on the pipe "Clean Beach Sand" so people don't think it is something bad coming out.

In answer to some previous questions - I don't surf, I use a boogie board as I like the water rushing around me. Also, the haze that could be seen when I showed Surfers Paradise over the ocean isn't from a storm, it is probably from gas released from tree oil.

2 Comments:

Blogger heidi said...

Wow. I don't think we move sand around on our beach. Maybe they don't need to replace it. They do dredge the seaweed and dead fish off the beaches.

2:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

5:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home